Artist: Exploded Drawing
Title: “7 Years“ Compilation LP
Label: Exploded Drawing Record Company
Cat No: EDRC-01
Format: 12” gatefold vinyl with two different color ways
Release Date: Sept. 1, 2017
Artwork and Layout by Michael Scheel
Photos by Karan Kapoor
1. “Intro” ft. Art Levy (prod. by soundfounder & Butcher Bear)
2. A Better Tomorrow “One Big Happy Family”
3. BoomBaptist “Sapphire”
4. Solar Shield “Star Destroyer”
5. Kinder “In Bloom” ft. Corduroi
6. Butcher Bear “As The World Turns” ft. SelfSays, Doc Illingsworth and Jane Claire
7. Reaganometry “¿Que Siguiente?”
8. Juicy The Emissary “Trying To Do Things My Way”
9. soundfounder “The Toucher Opens His Eyes”
10. Multi-Tracker “Machine Learning”
11. Corduroi “Skyscrapers”
12. Atarimatt “Golden Ticket”
13. Botany “One Side Left”
14. Chief & The Doomsday Device “We Will Not Break Faith Today”
15. Vegetable Kingdom “Behave Yourself” ft. Brainwavve & 7layeroscillator
This record was put together by the Austin based event, Exploded Drawing, (created and curated by producers, Butcher Bear & soundfounder), based in Austin, TX. The format is simple, artists perform their own original electronic and beat music in a DIY atmosphere to an open minded audience. The cover is always $5. Since 2010, E.D. has had official events in Chicago, NYC, LA, New Orleans and all over central Texas.
The semi-monthly event has hosted performances from artists such as House Shoes, Daedelus, Jeremiah Jae, Dakim, DJ Nobody, Ras G, Teebs, Computer Jay, Doc Illingsworth, Teeko, Dibia$e, 14KT, Anna Wise, Iman Omari, Eliot Lipp, Deantoni Parks, MatthewDavid, Kenny Keys, Ohbliv, Black Spade, Georgia Anne Muldrow, MNDSGN, P.U.D.G.E, Free The Robots, Exile, Open Mike Eagle, Black Milk, Amp Live, Sir Froderick, Raj Mahal, B. Bravo, Giraffage, Zavala, Kone and Hawthorne Headhunters just to name a few.
With this record, Exploded Drawing has put together some of the very best of what forward thinking Texan beat music producers have to offer right now. Featuring BoomBaptist, Juicy the Emissary, Solar Shield, A Better Tomorrow and Botany among many others, this album celebrates the first "7 Years" of bringing together this community in Austin, TX and beyond. The beginning of what has been called an "Austin Institution".
All songs are unreleased and exclusive to this record.
This record is limited to 250 Royal Blue/Yellow Split-color 12" vinyl (available exclusively at Fatbeats.com)
& 250 Maroon, White, Lemon Yellow, Lime Green Splatter 12" vinyl (available exclusively at Exploded Records in Austin, TX and at our events).
For fans of: Low End Theory, Aphex Twin, Gaslamp Killer, Teebs, Devonwho